MLA Engineering’s mission is to provide responsive and effective structural engineering consulting that brings success to our valued clients. Our staff’s experience, professionalism, creativity and listening abilities defines our culture and makes our mission a reality.
MLA’s market sectors include municipal buildings, medical buildings, apartments, zoos, aquariums, entertainment facilities, and infrastructure. The work is fun, challenging, and diverse.
We seek creative, high-performing individuals who are the brightest and best in the business and who are passionate about their work. Interested in a rewarding career at MLA Engineering? Simply send us your resume including cover letter.
MLA Engineering, pllc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the policies and principles of Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action.
Senior Structural Engineer
MLA Engineering has a senior structural engineering position available immediately. The senior position requires minimum of seven (7) years of experience, specifically in the area of structural analysis and design of buildings for architects. An engineer exceptionally skilled in producing construction drawings, using state-of-the-art software, and designing with all major construction materials, and communicating well on a project team will be an excellent fit.
MLA has a solid reputation and clientele with a variety of local, national and international projects. Our staff enjoys designing diverse projects that require critical thinking and creativity. We combine the opportunity of engineering unique and exciting projects with the flexibility, culture and benefits of a small business. MLA's convenient downtown Seattle office is a bright, open and welcoming environment.
Bachelor of Science Degree (Masters of Science preferred)
Licensed Structural Engineer
Strong technical and analytical skills -- intuitive and practical
Competent and passionate about using REVIT as a design tool
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desire and ability to provide quality, detailed, and accurate work product
Skilled in working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
BIM (Revit) Manager
MLA Engineering is seeking an experienced BIM Manager/ Revit Modeler who has experience working with either architectural or structural projects for at least the past two years. Candidates will be able to develop 3-D Revit Structural models for various building types and structures, framed in steel, masonry, wood, and concrete, from Architectural Revit models and AutoCAD drawing files. Responsive candidates will have the strong ability to use the Revit model to develop an accurate and well-coordinated set of structural drawings that contain plans, elevations, sections and details.
Our clients are primarily professional architects to whom we are committed to providing excellent service. Our projects vary from large to small; they all require a disciplined and consistent approach to providing a great product. Our work environment encourages creativity, teamwork, and growth.
Please reply only if you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position.
- Passionate about developing, implementing, and monitoring BIM standards
- BIM model management experience
- Two years or more of successful experience drafting at an architectural or structural engineering office using Autodesk Revit
- Awareness and understanding of project scope, fee, modeling requirements, and end use
- Ability to develop a 3-D Revit model that can be used to produce a set of accurate and well-coordinated structural construction documents, from linked .rvt or .dwg files
- Proficient in creating Revit structural and annotation families, as well as schedules to enhance productivity
- Proficient in linking in and coordinating multi-disciplinary Revit models using positioning procedures established by client
- Well organized
- Well-practiced at using excellent verbal communications skills
- Motivated to advance the firm and advance your professional growth
To apply, please email email@example.com with your name with the position desired and attach your resume and cover letter.